Chemical Equations Practice
Reactions to Write
Write an equation for each reaction and balance it. Also, identify the type of reaction.
1) The reaction of oxygen and hydrogen to form water.
2) The combustion of ethanol (C2H6O) to form water and carbon
dioxide. In combustion, a
reactant combines with oxygen while producing heat.
3) The combination of zinc and hydrochloric acid to form
zinc chloride and hydrogen gas. Zinc forms a +2 ion.
4) The combination of sodium bicarbonate with acetic acid (HCH3COO)
to form sodium acetate (acetate is CH3COO-) and dihydrogen carbonate.
5) The decomposition of potassium chlorate to become
potassium chloride and oxygen gas.
6) The combination of aluminum sulfate with barium nitrate
to form barium sulfate and aluminum nitrate.
Equations to Balance
Balance the following equations and write them out in words. Also, identify the type of reaction.
1) Mg(OH)2 → MgO + H2O
2) C + O2 → CO
3) CO + O2 → CO2
4) O3 → O2
5) Fe2O3 + H2 → Fe +
6) Pb(NO3)2 + NaCl →
PbCl2 + NaNO3
7) Cu + AgNO3 → Ag +
8) HCl + CaCO3 → H2O +
CO2 + CaCl2
9) S8 + O2 → SO2
10) Al(NO3)3 + NaOH →
Al(OH)3 + NaNO3